Guidelines for Selection, Installation, Maintenance and Troubleshooting of “Rushas” make Globe Gate & Check Valves.
Guidelines for selection
1. Bronze Globe & Gate Valves ( With Brass Internals )
• Bronze Globe & gate valves are useful in application of many fluids. Like Air, Oil, Cold Water, and few chemicals.
• The Bronze material is Good corrosive resistant.
• Gate valves are used to maintain the flow rate of working fluid, whereas Globe valves due to its basic design disturb the Flow rate.
• The Working Pressure for Bronze Gate & Globe valves is 16.31 Kg/cm2.
• These valves are designed as per IS 778 Class I & II.
2. Cast Iron Steam Valves :-
• These valves are generally used for steam lines.
• These valves are used for the pressure up to 13 kgf/cm2.
• CI valves are used where the corrosion is acceptable as Cast Iron is not a good Corrosion Resistant material.
• CI valves are cheaper in cost as compared to Bronze or Cast Steel Valves.
• These valves are deigned as Per BS 1873 and the designs are IBR Approved.
3. Bronze Steam Valves :-
• Bronze steam valves are used for the steam lines having pressure up to 17.5 kgf/cm2.
• As bronze is Good corrosion Resistant, it is used where the corrosion is not acceptable. Bronze valves are more durable compared to Cast iron & Cast Steel valves.
• The internals (spindle, seat, and diaphragm) are made of SS 304 & 410, which are non corrosive.
4. Cast Steel Steam Valves :-
• Cast Steel valves are used for high pressure steam lines.
• The material used is Cast Steel – ASTM A 216 GR WCB.
• We manufacture Cast Steel Valves in Class 150 and Class 300.
• Class 150 is used up to pressure 22 kgf/cm2.
• Class 300 is used up to pressure 58 kgf/cm2.
• Cast Steel is a good corrosion resistant with good strength.
Guidelines for Installation-
• After taking a new valve from packing box, keep the valve on clean surface.
• Remove the end caps before the commencement of installation.
• Check the working pressure of the line where the valve is to be installed and compare it with the maximum working pressure of valve. Confirm whether, the valve is of appropriate working pressure.
• Before installation, flush out the line where valve is to be installed. So that loose spatter, dust or other foreign impurities will be removed, if any.
• Always check the Arrow direction marked on the valve. The arrow direction and direction of flow in line should always match.
• For Valves with Screwed ends, apply Teflon tape on threads before tightening. It makes smooth tightening and forms a coating to avoid leakages.
• For valves with Flanged ends, use Metallic gasket packing in between mating flanges before bolting.
• Check whether flanges match with each other before installation.
• In case of Non Return Valves, the valve should always be in exact vertical position. As the Diaphragm of NRV is lift type, the tilted positioning will directly affect the operation of valve.
• Each and every bolt of flanges should be tightened properly.
Guidelines for Operation
• We recommend keeping valves in full opened condition for better flow rate.
• In full open condition, there are no chances of Backseat / gland leakages.
• Do not apply excessive torque while operating hand wheel for opening and closing of the valve.
• Carry on periodic checks for loose fasteners on the valve, as well as attachments.
Guidelines for Maintenance & Troubleshooting
• If leakage found through valves, due to impurities in working fluid. Try flushing the line in full working pressure and opening and closing
of the valves 2-3 times so that it may help in removing the cleaning of the contact surfaces.
• For Bonnet type valves, replace Gasket if it is found broken during maintenance.
• Check the gland packing. If leakage found through gland packing, change it with a new gland packing as recommended by the Mfg.
• If leakage found, don’t try to over tight the valves by applying torque on Handwheel. It will cause damage to valve seat.
• Do not hammer the valves for any purpose.
• We offer one year warranty (after commissioning) for our products. In case of Major Problems, we give replacement for the product.
• For any assistance, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to provide you any assistance, clarification or information needed.